ORDINANCE NO. 8-15-150
AN ORDINANCE AMENDNG EXISTING ORDINANCE NO. 8-15-150 AT PARAGRAPH (F) TO ALLOW FOOD SERVICES FOR MINORS IN RETAIL LIQUOR ESTABLISHMENTS BY PERMIT.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE TOWN OF LUSK, WYOMING:
SECTION ONE: That Ordinance 8-15-150 of the “Municipal Code of Lusk,” 2004 as amended, is again amended to revise paragraph (f) of said ordinance as follows:
(f) Establishments holding a Retail Liquor License in the Town of Lusk may provide food services to minors upon receiving a permit to do so from the Governing Body of the Town of Lusk. For purposes of this Ordinance “minors” are defined as persons under the age of 21 years. Said permit shall be granted on an annual basis separate and apart from the liquor license renewal process and shall only be granted on the following terms and conditions:
(1) The establishment must have a separate kitchen capable of preparing food on premises for immediate consumption by the public. The food services must be open to the public at lease five (5) days per week. Food Services for purposes of this Ordinance shall mean kitchens with grills, deep friers, stoves and/or ovens and shall not mean frozen meals heated in a microwave.
(2) The establishment SHALL have a current Food License from the Wyoming Department of Agriculture which shall be demonstrated to the Town Office before the permit shall issue.
(3) The establishment must provide specific designated areas within the building where minors may be served food. No minor shall be allowed to be eating or standing at the serving bar. The serving bar is defined as the bar or counter where alcoholic beverages are prepared and/or dispensed.
(4) All persons under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by and seated with (i.e., at the same table) an adult over the age of 21 years. Minors aged 18 years through 20 years of age may be allowed in the eating areas designated for minors for meals without an accompanying adult, however no person under the age of 21 years shall be allowed to consume alcohol.
(5) All permitted establishments shall have all servicers, bartenders, bar backs and managers complete the TIPS training program (Training for Intervention Procedures) and shall submit certificates of completion for each to the Lusk Police Department. All such servers, bartenders, bar backs, and managers must complete the program at the next available TIPS training session after his or her hiring date which shall be completed in any event within 90 days from date of hire.
(6) All persons under the age of 21 years shall be removed from the premises by 9:00 p.m.
(7) The permit issued by the Town pursuant to this Ordinance shall apply to Retail Liquor License holders only. A permit must be issued annually and can be refused for renewal by the Town without cause. A permit can be revoked immediately should a permitted establishment or its employee violate this ordinance. Violations of this ordinance shall also be considered regarding suspension or non-renewal of the establishment liquor license.
(8) Any person who violates a provision of this ordinance shall, upon conviction thereof, be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished as provided in Lusk City Ordinance 2-35-101, i.e., a fine of not more than $750.00 and court costs as applicable.
(9) Applicants shall pay a permit fee of $100.00 upon the permit being issued.
The Third and Final reading will be at the next regular Council meeting on Tuesday March 1, 2022
Douglas E. Lytle Mayor
Linda M. Frye Clerk/Treasurer
Public Notice No. 5721. Published in The Lusk Herald on February 16, 2022.